Wednesday 4 May 2011

English Learning Online: Practice English Skill: English communication skill-Part1

This post I would like you share you the videos of practice English Communication skill. This practice you will get experience about employment, a process of getting a job.

- In the first video, a beautiful lady Jane, she's going to show you the process of getting her new job after she graduated from university, the first process is the interview.

** English Communication Skill-Part1-1:

Unit 1: The Interview

Introduction

Hi, My name is Jane. I'm only 24 years old.
And today is my frist day at my new job.
I've just graduated from university.

Hello, I'm here for the Interview.
Hi Jane. And who are you seeing?
Mr.Smith the sales and marketing manager.

Education experience

I'm very glad for this opportunity.
When did you graduate from university?
I graduated 6 months ago.
What faculty were you in?
I was in the faculty of secretarial studies.

Work experience

Would you like to see my resume?
Yes please.
Could you tell me where was your last job?
Certainly. I was working at the Asia Finance Bank.
And why did you leave that job?
Because I was looking for more of a challenge.



- In the second video of Unit 2, you will see Jane's job description:

** English Communication Skill-Part1-2:

Your skills

What were your favourite topics at university?
My favourite topics were letter writing, dictation and filing studies.
What do you think are your strengths?
I have good patience and English language skill.
Are you computer literate?
Can you type?
Are you familiar with the internet?

Getting a job

Can you work with larger groups of people?
Yes, I enjoy working in a larger team.
Do you mind working on weekends?
When would you like to start working?
As soon as possible.
Thank you very much for this opportunity.
I will not dissappoint you.




- Here the third video, you are going to see Jane arriving at her new office:

** English Communication Skill-Part1-3:

Greetings

Good morning, are you Jane?
Yes, I'm Jane.
Are you ready to start work?
Yes, I am.

In the new office

Is there a telephone intercom system?
How many people are working in the marketing and sales department?
I think I need some time to organise myself.



- Here, the video of Unit 4. You will see Jane talking with her new boss:

** English Communication Skill-Part1-4:

Getting ready to work

So, Jane, how are you settling in?
Everything seems to be fine.
Have you got everything you need?
No not yet, I need to go to the stationery department.

About the contract

Have you read and signed your contract yet?
Do you understand the terms and conditions?
How long does the probation period last?
The probation period lasts for 3 months.
Can you tell me what parts of my performance you will look at?
Yes, I will look at your punctuality, work performance and your relations with me.

Questions about office policy

And what is the yearly evaluation?
Every year I will evaluate your performance.
Then I will decide whether or not you deserve a pay raise.
Does the company also provide medical insurance?
How much holiday time am I allowed?
You are allowed 2 weeks every year.




- In this video of Unit 5, you are going to know about The Office Tour that Jane is going to meet her new colleagues.

** English Communication Skill-Part1-5:

Meeting new colleagues

So Jane, are you ready to go on an office tour?
Oh yes I can't wait!
Hello Joe, nice to meet you.
Hi. Nice to meet you.
What do you do Joe?
I'm a delivery manager.




- This is the video of Unit 6 that you are going to know about answering the telephone and transferring a call.

** English Communication Skill-Part1-6:

Holding the line

How can I help you?
I would like to speak with Mr.Smith please.
Could I ask who is calling please?
OK. Ms. Anderson would you mind holding the line a moment?

Taking a message

I'm afraid Mr.Smith too busy right now to take your call.
I see, can you ask him to call me back please?
Certainly. Can I have your number?
Yes, it's 444-1234.

Leaving messages

Could I ask who is calling please?
Yes, I'm calling from Mr. Johnson's office.
Mr.Johnson would like to talk about the prices of your products.
OK. I'll tell him as soon as he finishes his meetings.




- This is the video of Unit 7 that you will know about making an appointment:

** English Communication Skill-Part1-7:

Asking for information

Would you call Mr.Johnson for me please?
Certainly I will straight away.
Would you like me to schedule a meeting with him?
What should I tell him the meeting is about?
It is about our new pricing strategy.
Hello, could I have the office of Mr. Johnson please?

Scheduling a meeting

Hello, I'm calling for Mr. Johnson.
Oh yes, I was expecting your call. I'm Mr. Johnson's secretary.
I'm sorry I didn't get your name.
Well Lisa, Mr. Smith would like to schedule a meeting with Mr. Johnson.
And what time will he be free?
Is everything set up?
Good, I need you to take notes at the meeting, OK?




- This is the video of Unit 8 that you will know about the process of meeting with a customer.

** English Communication Skill-Part1-8:

Greeting a client

Mr. Smith is here to meet Mr. Johnson.
Do you have an appointment?
David, good to see you.
Hello John, it's good to see you too. How have you been?I've been busy.
So David, shall we get down to business?
Yes, let's get to work.




- Here's the video of Unit 9 that you will see in the meeting.

** English Communication Skill-Part1-9:

Discussing prices

So John, what did you want to talk about?
Well, it's about the new prices that you charge.
What about my prices, is there a problem?
Lisa can you show Mr. Smith the competitor analysis that we did.
Oh I see that our prices are higher than these brands that you've researched.

Giving explanations

There are 3 reasons why we cost more than our competitors.
Firstly, we use plastic and not paper to make our products.
Secondly, we have a 24-hour service hotline, should there be any problems.
And thirdly, we have a 30-day return and refund policy.

Bargaining

But I still think you are too expensive.
But we are the best.
But I can no longer afford it.
Look! I have to lower my expenditure.
Ok. I can give you a 7% discount.
Well OK, at least I don't have to change suppliers now.



- Here's the video of Unit 10 that you will see the Handling a complaint:

** English Communication Skill-Part1-10:

Answering the phone

What is the nature of your call?
I wish to make a complaint.
Ok sir, you can tell me your complaint.

Holding on the phone

Could you just hold the line a moment whilst I get my pen and paper ready?
Certainly no problem.
OK. I'm ready now.
Could I have your name please?
And what is your company name?
Have you been using our products for a long time?

Receiving a complaint

Could you tell me what is the problem?
Recently the problem has been damaged product packaging.
Could you be more specific please?
Is this the first time you have called to complain?
Are there any other problems?
Yes, occasionally the delivery arrives a day late.

Apologising

Thank you for alerting us to these problems.
Well, I hope you can fix them for me.
Yes, I am very sorry to hear that you've had these difficulties.
That's ok but I expect to see an improvement soon.



Please wait and come back to see my next post for English Communication Skill part 2 soon...thanks!

1 comments:

  1. What does Jane say at 03:49 after Mr Smith asks, "Any other reasons?"

    ReplyDelete

Popular Posts